Why video testimonials boost your SEO
Some will tell you that the key to success is hard work, but if you don’t have anyone vouching for the hard work you put in then you’ll find yourself going round and round when it comes to proving your values to prospective customers. There is a way you can do this, and it’s one of the oldest methods of advertising around… testimonials. People’s word holds more value over a $10,000 advertising campaign any day, and a new method of presenting testimonials these days are videos. Testimonials on your website boost your SEO and drive more traffic, providing you with more potential leads.
The Stats About Testimonials
Testimonials have true merit when it comes to making a buying decision, and if you aren’t utilising the praise your customers give you, then you are missing out on a huge opportunity to have you’re current customers help to sell you’re business. A website with a many testimonials will generate more leads and close more sales than a website with none.
We are all influenced by opinions of others. Social proof actually speaks directly to that idea. But how much do testimonials really influence us when it comes to deciding on a purchase? Below are some stats that really stand out.
- People are 65% more likely to buy from a site if it has product ratings and reviews
- 80% of online shoppers trust online reviews as much as a recommendation from family and friends
- 78% of people actually take the time to read reviews before they make an online purchase
- 92% of consumers admit their buying decisions are influenced by reviews online
The Stats About Video Content
If you are just using text testimonials on your site, you aren’t using one of your best marketing tools which are happy customers to their full potential. Video testimonials are more convincing and engaging. They tend to keep visitors on your website longer and increase the chances that they will make a purchase. Adding a visual element of a video provides your customers to establish a stronger connection to what’s being communicated. Video testimonials play a huge role in gaining brand credibility, and can a easy way to generate leads. Below are some stats that really stand out.
- 67% of customers are visual learners
- Website visitors are 65% more likely to buy your’e product online site after watching a video
- Website visitors who see video tend to stay on a site an average of 1-3 minutes longer
- 68% of marketers saw an increase in leads from social media. By posting testimonial videos on your social media accounts, you’re more likely to grab your followers’ attention, thus resulting in even more leads.
What To Do Next
Having video testimonials will demonstrate your business level of professionalism. Video testimonials show that you’re on top of the trends, and are capable of creating original content. By putting the extra effort into making a video for your website, viewers automatically know that you care and are willing to put work in.
By including testimonials directly within your website, you are giving website visitors information they want to make a buying decision. Here are some tips that can help you get started collecting videos to better market your business.
- Create an email newsletter asking your’e customers to make a video about why they love your business
- Schedule a tweet or a Facebook post asking followers to share a favourite memory of your brand
- Run a contest on Facebook that asks your customers to showcase creative uses of your product
- Setup a video recording booth at your next event where visitors can film a quick video about their experience about your business
- Have an iPad in your office or shop where you can play the testimonial video